2018 Street Stock Rules
Any changes will be underlined.
This class is designed for stock street cars only. No factory High Performance vehicles allowed.
All items must remain stock unless stated otherwise in rules listed below. And areas not covered in the rules below shall be left up to the discretion of the track official(s).
DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING. WHEN IN DOUBT ASK FIRST.
1) Any General Motors made 2 wheel drive cars manufactured from 1965 to date with a minimum factory wheel base of 104 inches. Strut Camaros may run 101″ wheelbase. No vans, jeeps, or convertibles cars.
A) Ford cars ONLY with a wheel base greater than 108 inches may shorten their wheel base to 108 inches by sectioning the frame behind the transmission cross member. Transmission cross member MUST REMAIN IN STOCK LOCATION. All modifications must be done directly behind transmission cross member.
B) Ford uni-body Thunderbird’s less than 108 inch wheel base are allowed. NO INDEPENDENT REAR SUSPENSION CARS ALLOWED.
C) Chrysler uni-body cars less than 108 inch wheel base are limited to 360 cubic inch engines.
2) No reinforcing, cutting apart, welding or modifications of anything on the vehicle is allowed except as specified.
3) All glass, burnable material and exterior body trim must be removed.
4) Gutting – Hoods, doors, quarters, fenders, trunks inner panels may be removed. Trunk pan may be removed. Wheel openings may be cut for tire clearance.
5) Doors must be fastened closed.
6) Aftermarket front and rear noses allowed. Aftermarket or Fabricated body allowed, must be stock appearing and follow body lines of car used. No flat roofs. Steel or Aluminum allowed. Covers must match body used (GM on GM, Ford on Ford, etc.) May cut hole in hood for air cleaner with a 4.5″ hood scoop. Scoop must not be more than 4″ wider than the air cleaner. Front of air cleaner must be blocked.
7) Tubing bumpers allowed. NO PUSH BARS!
8 ) No sharp bumper ends, loose or sharp body panels.
9) Front and rear hook up chains are MANDATORY.
10) Any body panels or bumpers deemed unsafe will not be allowed to compete until repaired and inspected.
11) A 6 point cage is MANDATORY. One post by each windshield post and two behind the driver with all four connected at the top with a roof hoop.
12) You must have an angle brace running from the upper right corner to the lower left corner behind the driver.
13) The two back bars must run from top left and top right of the roof hoop to the rear of the car.
14) At least one bar from left cage post forward to frame to protect drivers feet and legs.
15) Minimum three door bars on left ( drivers ) side and two on the right ( passenger ) side.
16) Roll cage must be constructed with a minimum of 1 1/2 inch OD .095 roll bar tubing or equivalent.
17) Three inches minimum from top of roll cage to top of drivers head.
18) Bars may run through firewall to front of car.
19) Any pre-existing bomber-6 car is eligible to compete in the street stock division.
1) All suspension, steering parts and pivot points must remain in STOCK location. Tubular uppers allowed with stock mounted ball joint. Extended ball joint allowed. Lower control arms must be STOCK for car used. Upper control arm mounts must be stock for car used. 1/2″ tolerance. Track determines tolerance. Cars with externally mounted shocks will add 50lbs in front of radiator.
2) Racing springs and adjustable cups allowed. Front and rear.
3) Solid bushings allowed; NO OFFSET BUSHINGS. Stock spindles for car used. Spindle savers allowed.
4) No Sway bars over 1 inch OD allowed. Sway bars may be adjustable on left side. Must be in STOCK location at frame with STOCK type mounts. Sway bar may be removed.
5) Steering column may be removed and replaced with 3/4 inch steering shaft with removable steering wheel. Steering quickeners allowed.
6) Shocks- Any steel body, stock appearing shock. Front shock may be moved up (vertically only) a maximum of 3″ from stock to prevent bottoming out. Rear shocks can be moved. Hiem joints on shocks allowed. No adjustable or revalvable shocks allowed.
7 ) Stock rear upper control arm may be altered to achieve pinion angle.
1) Ford 9″ allowed , floater ok or may run big 10 bolt GM rear end.
2) Any gear ratio.
3) Rear-ends may be locked. Spools allowed.
4) Must have drive shaft safety loop located no more than 6 inches behind front U-joint.
5) Drive shaft must be painted white. MANDATORY.
1) Single master cylinders may have residual valve. Dual master cylinders allowed; brake adjusters allowed. Stock steel GM calipers. No aftermarket calipers allowed.
2) Rear disc brakes allowed. No Anti Lock brake systems allowed.
3) Brakes must work on all 4 wheels at all times.
4) Factory brake proportioning valves may be removed. ( Optional )
1) Radiators must remain in stock location. Factory radiator support may be removed and constructed of roll bar tubing but must remain in STOCK location.
2) Aluminum radiators allowed. Flex fans allowed. Aluminum crankshaft and water pump pulleys allowed.
1) Must be mounted securely. No bungee cords.
2) Batteries may be mounted in trunk.
1) Stock 3 – speed automatic transmissions. All gears must work.
2) No power glides allowed.
3) Straight drive ( manual ) 3 or 4 speed transmissions allowed. All gears must work.
4) Minimum weight for flywheel and clutch with bolts is 32 lbs. Release bearing not included.
1) #1 spark plug must be 1″ in front of front ball joints.
2) Steel or solid mounts allowed.
3) Stock type replacement crankshaft okay. (must weigh 50 lbs) No knife edge. Stock type rod, piston, and ring replacements must weigh 1100 grams. No H-Beam rods. No full floating wrist pins. Stroke and rod length must remain STOCK! .015 tolerance on stroke.
4) GM 602 Crate engine okay in all make and model cars. All Crate engines are sealed. No modifications allowed.
1) Maximum overbore .080
2) Flat top 2 eye brow piston. No lightweight or short skirt pistons allowed.
1) Any hydraulic flat-tappet cam.
2) No roller cams, roller rockers or roller tip rockers allowed.
1) Cast iron OEM heads only. No modifications, no 300 hp or closed chamber heads. 350 Vortec heads allowed (no 305′s). Valve cover breathers allowed. Aftermarket PBM head allowed. Part # 176970A/167970A only.
2) No porting, polishing or gasket matching allowed.
3) Stock valve and spring size for head used. Single springs with damper only. Solid steel retainers and locks allowed. Rotating retainers may be removed.
4) Screw in studs, pinned studs and guide plates allowed.
5) Poly locks allowed.
6) Three angle valve job allowed.
INTAKES & CARBURETORS:
1) Stock cast iron 2 or 4 barrel intakes! No marine intakes allowed. 2101 Edelbrock aluminum intake allowed. Number must be on intake.
350 VORTEC 2116 intake
350 Early 2101 intake
350 TBI 3706 intake
302 Ford 2121 intake
351 W Ford 3781 intake
351 M Ford 2171 intake
318/360 Chrysler 2176 intake
2)Built motors: Stock type carburetor for car used. Vacuum secondary 600 cfm Holleys allowed. Choke plate may be removed. Must have air horn. Dual feed allowed. No double pump carburetors allowed.
3) Adapter/spacer allowed. Maximum 1 inch thick; NO TOLERANCE. One gasket per mounting surface; .070″ thickness.
4) Aftermarket air cleaners allowed.
1) Fuel cells are MANDATORY. Fuel cells must be mounted in trunk area. Bottom of fuel cell cannot be lower than bottom of rear-end housing.
2) Racing fuel allowed.
1) Headers OK.
2) Undercarriage Headers OK.
3) Any exhaust exiting side of car cannot exceed 1/2″ past body panel
1) Steel wheels ONLY! Any offset. Maximum width 8 inches bead to bead.
2) 1/2 inch spacers allowed. One per wheel.
3) Wheel studs may be replaced with 5/8 inch racing studs. 5/8 on right front is MANDATORY.
4) 1 inch OD lug nuts are MANDATORY on all four wheels.
1) Any 8″ Racing tire or track tire.
2) Prepping and grooving allowed, but not at race track.
NO TIRES ARE TO BE LEFT AT RACE TRACK.
ALL ITEMS LISTED BELOW ARE MANDATORY.
1) Fully charged Fire Extinguisher
2) Racing seat
3) Seat belts – 5 Point racing harness
4) Drivers window net
5) Minimum of 3 vertical bars in front of driver. Bars must be a minimum of 3/8 inches in diameter.
6) Full face Snell approved helmet
7) Fire retardant suit – Must be worn at all times car is on track. Suit must cover arms, legs and body.
8) Hood must be mounted securely with hood pins
1) Minimum 3200 lbs. Cars will be weighed before heat races and main events.
2) All added weight must be painted white and have car number on each weight.
3) Minimum weight for flywheel and clutch with bolts is 32 lbs. Release bearing not included.
4) Added weight must be bolted or welded on. No wire ties or hose clamps.
5) Cars with screw jacks in front with externally mounted shocks must add 50lbs in front of radiator.